Thursday, May 22, 2008

Our visit to Fruitvale



Comparing my experience in Fruitvale and in Walnut Creek, it was totally different. I way that in walnut creek people were polite when it came to interviewing and that showed people actually cared about their community, here in Oakland the interviews were different because people were rude, embarrassed and probably scared when they saw the audio recorder. Some things that I learned from Fruitvale were that most people who walked by there are Latinos and most didn’t speak English and we had to interview them in Spanish. Another thing that I noticed in the Fruitvale community was that people was rude to us and didn’t even want to answer us some questions they would only walk away. Some positive things that I learned from Fruitvale were that people specially woman care more about the community and health around because they think of their children and family members. Some negative aspects I learned from Fruitvale were that people don’t do anything to change the community. Today in Fruitvale what I learned about health our topic was that people think differently about the community, some think is healthy and some think is not.

1 comment:

olivia said...

Hi my name is Olivia and i just stoped by your blog. And i wanted to tell you that I really like the way you make comperasons between Fruitvale and Walnut Creek.Keep foward to reading more of your post. Good job so far.
Sincerly,
Olivia