Wednesday, May 28, 2008

My Life Living in Oakland


I was born and raised in Oakland, I like living in Oakland but sometimes I realize how scary it is to live here with all the violence and gangs, drugs and other things that happen around here. In Oakland you could live a go life with no problems, Oakland has nice neighborhoods and nice communities to live in. Something that I don’t like about Oakland is that most streets are full of trash around and people sometimes don’t seem to care about it. People may talk that Oakland is the worse city to live at because they hear in the news all the violence around and the killing but they don’t get well informed about Oakland. In my opinion Oakland is not that bad like the rumors outside say but I guess is up to the people to decide whether or not to like it. One thing that I like about the Oakland community is that it has different races, Latinos, Asian, African American and others.

3 comments:

Square Bear (Jackie) said...

I know exactly what you mean, Jas. I wish people would pick up there trash, and care about there community more. \(*^o^*)/ YAY for DORA!!

Liil Shorty said...

Heii Dora!! I agree with what you said that Okland is not as bad as people make it seem.Sometimes they exagerate but I'm still proud of East Oaklnad no matter what people got to say!

yesenia said...

Hey Jasmin,
I kind of agree with. Because we we always hear around that Oakland is the place of violence, but it is not all like that. You just have to get used to all the things that happen in oakland, because no matter what this was the place you were raised at and you'll used to living in oakland.
-Yesenia